Welcome to SHAPE Vermont!
The Society of Health and Physical Educators of Vermont represents over 350 professional and pre-professional members in the fields of health and physical education. The society's goal is to help members throughout the year by providing training opportunities and presenting material of importance to them. Each fall an annual conference is held, which offers knowledge about exceptional programs, grants, new state guidelines and services for our members.SHAPE VT has a VOLUNTEER member-based Board who spend countless hours each year serving the society membership. Our services include the following;
- Communicating with the media to educate various target groups about physical education and health programs in the public schools.
- Developing of a schedule for a two-day annual fall conference.
- Planning various workshops offered throughout the year.
- Developing state-level leadership for our profession.
- E-Blast alerts to communicate news and advocacy with our membership.
- Disseminating the latest information from the Vermont Agency of Education, SHAPE America, and the American Heart Association.
- Recognizing fellow colleagues through awards recognition at our Annual Awards Banquet.
- Obtaining and distributing grant and scholarships to improve school programs and one's practice. Listen here to our SHAPE VT Public Service Announcement
SHAPE Vermont Supports Physical Education As A Core Subject - May, 2018
Faced with an ever-changing educational landscape, states and the Federal government have been working to determine the future needs of our children. Like other states, Vermont has grappled with the question: What are the proficiencies necessary to develop the citizens of the future? Please read the entire press release here.
Latest News & Events
- Conference Exhibitor and Sponsorship Opportunities
- PE HE workshops in CT and MA
- Volunteer opening: Call for SHAPE VT Treasurer
- June July Linking Health and Learning newsletter
- Nominations sought for 2018 SHAPE VT Awards: Deadline July 20th
- VTAOE Physical Education Assessment Guidelines Available
- New resources: connection between student health and academic outcomes