Welcome to SHAPE Vermont!
The Society of Health and Physical Educators of Vermont represents over 325 professional and pre-professional members in the fields of health and physical education. Our goal is to assist members throughout the year by providing advocacy for our profession as well as professional training opportunities and presenting material of importance to them. Each fall an annual conference is held, which offers knowledge about exceptional programs, grants, new state guidelines and services for our members.SHAPE VT has a VOLUNTEER member-based Board who spend countless hours each year serving the society membership. Our services include the following;
- Communicating with the media to educate various target groups about physical education and health programs in the public schools.
- Developing of a schedule for a two-day annual fall conference.
- Planning various workshops offered throughout the year.
- Developing state-level leadership for our profession.
- E-Blast alerts to communicate news and advocacy with our membership.
- Disseminating the latest information from the Vermont Agency of Education and SHAPE America
- Recognizing fellow colleagues through awards recognition at our Annual Awards Banquet.
- Obtaining and distributing grant and scholarships to improve school programs and one's practice. Listen here to our SHAPE VT Public Service Announcement
SHAPE Vermont Supports Physical Education As A Core Subject - May, 2018
Faced with an ever-changing educational landscape, states and the Federal government have been working to determine the future needs of our children. Like other states, Vermont has grappled with the question: What are the proficiencies necessary to develop the citizens of the future? Please read the entire press release here.
Latest News & Events
- 2019 SHAPE VT Conference discounted registration is now open!
- SHAPE America "back to school" materials
- Fall Linking Health and Learning Newsletter
- 2019 Conference Exhibitor's Packet
- Draft of 2019 Conference Schedule
- Take your Parent to P.E. week Sept 23-27
- health. moves. minds™. is now in Vermont!
- "Got Sneakers fund drive coming to our fall conference. save your sneakers!
- VT AOE Fitnessgram Page
- One Love Foundation Resource to combat teen dating violence
- Volunteer opening: Call for SHAPE VT Treasurer