Welcome to SHAPE Vermont!
The Society of Health and Physical Educators of Vermont represents over 300 professional and pre-professional members in the fields of health and physical education. Our goal is to assist members throughout the year by providing advocacy for our profession as well as professional training opportunities and presenting material of importance to them. Each fall an annual conference is held, which offers knowledge about exceptional programs, grants, new state guidelines and services for our members.SHAPE VT has a VOLUNTEER member-based Board who spend countless hours each year serving the society membership. Our services include the following;
- Communicating with the media to educate various target groups about physical education and health programs in the public schools.
- Developing of a schedule for a two-day annual fall conference.
- Planning various workshops offered throughout the year.
- Developing state-level leadership for our profession.
- E-Blast alerts to communicate news and advocacy with our membership.
- Disseminating the latest information from the Vermont Agency of Education and SHAPE America
- Recognizing fellow colleagues through awards recognition at our Annual Awards Banquet.
- Obtaining and distributing grant and scholarships to improve school programs and one's practice.
SHAPE VT updates on the COVID 19 remote teaching and teaching materials
Changing conditions may make it necessary other for teachers to provide lessons ready for their students to complete at home. Therefore, please consider sharing this message with your other physical education and health education staff. As you schools remain on "remote instruction," your members will know their professional association is working for them!
The Vermont Agency of Education has provided our physical education and health education teachers a comprehensive list of resources and guidelines. Please note that resources located on the VT AOE website are updated frequently. In addition, download the return to play resource here. Please share these valuable resources with your other school personnel as needed.
Please use our Resources for Educators by Educators page to share standards-based lesson as well as your ideas for teaching. You may also utilize our Twitter and Facebook platforms for sharing information.